Looking for a fantastic career opportunity and excellent work/life balance with a growing mid-size CPA firm in the metro DC area? Thompson Greenspon is seeking exceptional, experienced auditor supervisors to join the Firm.
An audit supervisor leads or is the senior field personnel for audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries, including not-for-profit, construction, real estate and government contracting and employee benefit plan audits. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, directing and reviewing all phases of an engagement for all types of engagements
- Having the ability to work for multiple clients simultaneously
- Ensuring delivery of quality client service and maintain profitable client relationships
- Developing, supervising and mentoring team members
- Conducting research and performing other related tasks
- Developing relationships with engagement-related client personnel who are responsible for accounting matters
- Maintaining contact with client personnel responsible for the engagement matters throughout the year
- Possessing a deep knowledge of the client and the client’s business
- Directly interacting with executive level client personnel and owners
- Identifying planning and consulting opportunities
- Being able to tackle more complex accounting and/ or tax issues
- Being cognizant of time budgets, but does not allow time budgets to sacrifice the quality of the audit procedures
Qualified candidates will have several years of CPA firm experience and will:
- Possess a broad knowledge of GAAP and GAAS and a general tax knowledge
- Have an understanding of a broad range of accounting issues including those involving professional judgment such as: priority for income taxes, revenue recognition, subsequent events, contingencies and industry specific procedures
- Be knowledgeable of business trends
- Have the ability to review and provide feedback on work in a professional manner
- Possess the skill to establish a rapport and good communication with clientele
- Be able to gather, organize and summarize information efficiently and effectively
- Have the capacity to adhere to budgets and time deadlines
- Be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Motivate, develop and direct people as they work
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Have the ability to train, orient and mentor staff
- Have their CPA license
Ranked as a Top Workplace for a fifth consecutive year by The Washington Post, Thompson Greenspon knows this is due to the fact that their top priority is ensuring a happy and healthy workplace. The Firm achieves this by:
- Focusing on a work/life balance, including: offering competitive salaries and benefits package, many Fridays off in the summer, free parking and gym access.
Being one of the top 20 accounting firms headquartered in Virginia, the firm provides new challenges, opportunities and exposure to all facets of public accounting and a diverse client base, while still maintaining a personal, collaborative environment.
Fostering career development by providing opportunities for regular training, seminars, continuing education programs and conferences, and sponsoring a mentoring program.
Offering growth potential: Thompson Greenspon strongly believes in organic growth, many members of their leadership team began with the firm as a staff accountant.
Providing the technology and resources available at larger firms.
If you have at least 5 years of recent experience, visit www.tgccpa.com for more information about this challenging and rewarding position and benefits offered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.